Friday 1 April 2011

Forgiveness

“Sincere forgiveness isn't colored with expectations that the other person apologize or change. Don't worry whether or not they finally understand you. Love them and release them. Life feeds back truth to people in its own way and time.” - Sara Paddison



It is often said that when resentment is held towards another, we are bound indefinitely to that one person or condition by an emotional link that is stronger than steel. Forgiveness is the only way to break that link and set yourself free from the grudge and hurt you lock yourself with.

Albeit time and time we hear people say "Forgive and Forget", somethings remain etched in our memories. While some are retrievable and we smile just at the very thought of it, well some others are just too deep a cut to revisit. And we continue to take baby steps away from the source of the indignant. What we don't realize is that by non-forgiveness, moving on is hard to achieve. As we hold the bitter memory dear to our souls, each step we take is shadowed with pain.

Dear God, grant me the serenity to accept what has been fated, to forgive those who have done me wrong and my own wreckages. Help me live with clarity and solace within my own existence. Give me the courage to recall the ones who have hurt me and the power to wish them well. Grant me the vision to clouds that forbodes a storm, for in future I shall be better prepared for the rain. Help me forgive Dear Lord, for I shan't take one more breath of hatred stench. Release me from vengeance, allow me to heal, bring back the smile to my lips, dry my river of tears, and guide me through life's journey unbounded.

In due time...




















No comments:

Post a Comment